A repository for data regarding membrane channels, receptor and neurotransmitters that are expressed in specific types of cells. The database is presently focused on neurons but will eventually include other cell types, such as glia, muscle, and gland cells.
This resource is intended to:
* Serve as a repository for data on gene products expressed in different brain regions
* Support research on cellular properties in the nervous system
* Provide a gateway for entering data into the cannonical neuron forms in NeuronDB
* Identify receptors across neuron types to aid in drug development
* Serve as a first step toward a functional genomics of nerve cells
* Serve as a teaching aid
Resource Type: Resource
Version: Latest Version
SciCrunch is a data sharing and display platform. Anyone can create a custom portal where they can select searchable subsets of hundreds of data sources, brand their web pages and create their community. SciCrunch will push data updates automatically to all portals on a weekly basis. User communities can also add their own data to scicrunch, however this is not currently a free service.